Alfa Romeo continues with ‘It’s not a car, it’s an Alfa Romeo’ in new ad
Alfa Romeo draws on ‘The romance of performance’ in its latest commercial for the Series 2 Mito which tells the story of an Italian couple’s romance in which the girl is convinced her boyfriend has a new woman in his life and continues the “It’s not a car, it’s an Alfa Romeo” positioning.
The commercial, created by CumminsRoss, features the couple fighting in Italian with the girl is convinced her boyfriend has a new girlfriend. He calms the situation with revealing the thing she is so upset about is actually an Alfa Romeo and a gift for her.
It finishes with a twist, revealing what had looked like an Italian street was a street in Australian suburbia where an older couple have been watching the fight with interest. It ends with the woman asking “all that over a car?” Her husband responds with the Alfa Romeo tagline “It’s not a car Ruth, it’s an Alfa Romeo”.
CumminsRoss added Alfa Romeo to its client roster in June 2012, and launched the “It’s not a car, It’s an Alfa Romeo” campaign the following year.
- Director of Marketing, Fiat Chrysler – Mark McCraith
- Senior Advertising Manager, Fiat Chrysler – Ashlin Moore
- Agency – CumminsRoss
- Executive Creative Director – Jim Ingram and Ben Couzens
- Creative Director/ Writer – Steve Callen
- Group Account Director – Ben Epstein
- Integration Director – Rosie Bean
- Integration Manager – Emma Wynne
- Production Companies – Filmgraphics Entertainment/NiceBike
- Director – David Denneen
- Production Company Producers – Anna Fawcett and Mark Bradley